Climbing Wall Solutions
Over the last 10 years we have trained and assessed staff at over 50 school walls, large and small commercial climbing walls, bouldering only walls, climbing towers and council run climbing walls. These include Leeds Wall, The Depot, The Barn, Kirklees and Bradford Councils, Leeds Metropolitan University, (testimonials can be found here). We have been brought in after serious accidents have occurred to advise schools and health and safety teams on best practise and delivered expert witness reports in court cases involving staff who are site specifically trained. This is why we believe we are the number one climbing wall trainers in the country.
Climbing wall instructor training and assessment
Our HSE recognised award allows your staff to run climbing sessions at your facility within days of being trained. Following an initial meeting a quality assured action plan can be quickly devised by us to help your facility to flourish as safely and quickly as possible. The process will follow the Mountain Training guidelines set up for site specific validation. Our rigorous training and assessment process will ensure that only those who meet the highest standards will receive the “statement of competence” certificate on passing the course, an essential requirement of the HSE.
Our training package would include as a minimum:
- Full 12 hour (two day or 4/5 evening/after school sessions) training then assessment.
- Quality assured scheme and syllabus tailor made to meet your specific requirements. including equipment checks, simple rescues and group leadership.
- Statement of Competence certification.
In conjunction we will provide you with a set of operational procedures and risk assessment documentation.
Operational procedures and risk assessment documentation
This HSE approved documentation is essential for the development of your business and ensures the best working practices for your staff and clients alike. Importantly it helps protect your facility from any legal matters which can arise.
It covers areas such as:
- Lines of responsibility.
- Instructor training, monitoring and group ratios.
- Risk assessment of climbing, lead climbing, bouldering only, auto belays, abseil platforms and towers or all of the above.
- Climbing equipment (PPE) check for defects logging and correct disposal of faulty equipment.
- Accident and incident procedures and reports.
- Child protection.
Please contact us for a free meeting and quote.