We deliver winter sun courses to the fantastically diverse climbing area of El Chorro. It has climbing for all aspirations and abilities whether it’s your first lead, multi pitch climbing, or improving your technique with individually tailored coaching. The main attraction is the majestic limestone gorge and surrounding cliffs containing over 1000 routes of all grades and just 5 minutes’ drive from our charming accommodation. A one to four instructor student ratio will allow us to tailor the course to your specific needs. We can then match your aspirations and skill level in order to develop your confidence safely.
The course will cover:
- Single and multi-pitch lead climbing
- Targeted coaching specific to the individuals needs
- Stance management
- Anchor selection
- Multi pitch rescues and emergency procedures
- Guidebooks and grades
- Equipment checks, fall factors and avoiding personal injury
The family run B&B guesthouse is ideally situated just a few minutes’ walk from the world class climbing area El Chorro. The picturesque and provincial villa is typical of the area in which the owners have created a warm, relaxed and friendly atmosphere for its guests. The course is fully catered.
- breakfast, packed luch, evening meals
- fully equipped kitchen, with hob/oven, fridges and tea/coffee-making facilities
- communal dining and seating area with wood-burning stove
- beer and wine available at the bar
- hot showers
- laundry facilities
- swimming pool
- pool table
- furnished terraces with views across the valley to the mountains beyond
- free WiFi
At the end of the five days you will have successfully completed a number of routes and should feel very confident in your own ability to venture out yourselves.
Dates and cost
This course is run in conjunction with Andy Swann at Climb for life. The dates are 10th to 16th November 2018.
The cost is £575.00 and includes fully catered accommodation and airport transfer. You will need to arrange your own flights and insurance. Costs vary but at present flights cost £136 (March)/£169 (November) return with Jet2 (including taxes and baggage) from Leeds Bradford to Malaga. We would provide all the ropes and climbing. You would just need to provide your personal equipment, shoes, harness, helmet, chalkbag etc though we have a small supply of these items as well.