Mckinlay Mountaineering are proud to work in partnership with Will4Adventure.
Will4Adventure is a provider of Immediate Temporary Care (ITC) first aid courses offering a selection of excellent hands-on first aid training that will take you from the office to the wilderness. All our courses now include latest guidelines on use of tourniquets and haemostatic dressings.
2 day ITC Outdoor First Aid (OFA)
fully accredited course run by outdoor professionals Will4Adventure
“I have attended a fair few first aid courses and this was by far the best one.” Beth Brierly, Losehill Hall
“Best 1st aid course I’ve ever been on – excellent balance between instruction, demonstration and “hands-on” practice…” Jim Marriott – Peak District warden and former teacher
These 2 day ITC first aid courses are ideal for outdoor leaders, Duke of Edinburgh Award participants and leaders, teachers, field scientists, archaeologists, field engineers and outdoor enthusiasts alike taking you through the skills essential for rescue and emergency care in the wilderness. Additionally if you need an outdoor first aid course to revalidate your NGB award (eg MIC, MIA, Mountain Leader, SPA, WGL, BASI ski instructor, Mountain Bike Leader, Local Cave and Mine Leader etc) then these SQA accredited courses are for you.
OFA 16 hours (2 days) programme
- Safe best practice
- A systematic approach to incident management in the outdoors
- Unconsciousness, causes and treatment
- External bleeding, internal bleeding and shock
- Resuscitation procedures including choking
- Awareness of current regulations
- Injury management outdoors
- Illness recognition and management
- Managing thermal (heat, cold) problems
- Incident management scenarios
Note discounts for early bookings:
8 weeks or more 25% discount = £90
6 weeks or more 15% discount = £102
4 weeks or more 10% discount = £108
Course fee includes first aid manual and first aid certificate valid for three years.
- Interactive hands on practical training indoors and out
- Use of recommended first aid kit
- Easy to follow individual course booklet
- An accredited, recognised certificate valid for 3 years
- All dates listed are for courses run in Sheffield and the Peak District (Youlegreave)
- If the Peak District is not suitable for you then please email us with your location requirements
All our outdoor first aid courses are run by Will4Adventure