TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Places can only be reserved by submitting the following:
• A completed on-line booking form & payment in full, which includes non-refundable £95.00 deposit, or;
• A completed booking form & non refundable £95.00 deposit paid via bank transfer or cheque
• A completed booking form & a valid purchase order (see note below)
Course places cannot be provisionally booked or reserved by telephone/email/letter without any of the above.
All balances must be paid 4 weeks prior to the commencement date of the course.
If a booking is made within the four-week period prior to commencement, the whole fee must be submitted upon booking.
NB: An official purchase order must be issued by a recognized buying authority, confirming their agreement of our terms and conditions.
CANCELLATION BY THE CUSTOMER All cancellations must be in writing or email and acknowledged by Mckinlay Mountaineering. The financial cost of cancellation is as follows:
- Deposits are non-refundable.
- Full refund of the total course fee, minus £95.00 non-refundable deposit if cancellation is made prior to the 4 week deadline and full payment has been made.
- 100% of the total course fee where cancellation takes place within the period of 4 weeks before the commencement date of the course; or
- 100% of the total course fee where cancellation takes place on or after the commencement date of the course.
CANCELLATION BY THE COMPANY
All ngb awards provided by Mckinlay Mountaineering must are run on behalf of the MLTE. All ngb awards provided by Mckinlay Mountaineering must have a minimum of 4 people in order to commence as set by the MLTE. Mckinlay mountaineering will refund any monies received in full if the minimum numbers are not achieved.
Whilst every attempt is made to ensure that courses/activities actually run, the company will notify the customer of cancellation as soon as practicable where it believes on reasonable grounds that cancellation is necessary due to dangerous and/or unsuitable conditions for the course/activity.
The company shall notify the customer of cancellation not less than three days prior to the commencement of the course where numbers as a result of either customer(s) cancellation or booked numbers have failed to reach a workable minimum.
In the event of cancellation customers will be offered the choice of the following options:
• Full refund of the fee paid; or
• Another booking on a different date.
Course fees do not include insurance for accident, personal injury and belongings and against cancellation or curtailment of the course. Mckinlay Mountaineering advises participants to take out this cover for the above eventualities. Mckinlay Mountaineering accepts no liability whatsoever for loss or damage to personal property held by the customer not caused by Mckinlay Mountaineering staff.
The British Mountaineering Council (BMC) participation statement must be understood and accepted.
‘The BMC recognises that climbing and mountaineering are activities with a danger of personal injury or death. Participants in these activities should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions’.
Please inform staff if you are not comfortable with any of your programmed activities. Mckinlay Mountaineering has clear obligations and responsibilities and we require participants to contribute to their own and each other’s safety by following the instructions of our staff. Acknowledging these risks in no way compromises your legal rights, nor does it release Mckinlay Mountaineering from any of its obligations towards you.
Please note that all of the courses do not include transport. During the course you may be required to use your own vehicle (if you have one).