Since 2003 Dan Mckinlay and associates have been delivering national governing body awards and bespoke site specific instructor training for climbing walls all over the country.
We are now the largest provider of Mountain Training awards in the North of England delivering 60 courses in 2015 alone. Our team is highly professional with wide ranging backgrounds from technical advisor's through to local education authorities, sponsored E8 leaders and stunt riggers for James Bond and Channel 4.
We have trained and assessed staff at over 50 school walls, large and small commercial climbing walls, bouldering-only walls, climbing towers and council run climbing walls. Our expert advice is frequently sought by schools and health and safety teams both for our knowledge of best practice and for our experience in implementing lessons learned following serious safety incidents at climbing walls.
We have been called as expert witnesses in legal proceedings where our knowledge and understanding of processes and structures is critical to determining where and how safety failures have occurred.
It is this knowledge and experience that makes Mckinlay Mountaineering the first choice for climbing wall training in the country.
We pride ourselves on being a flexible and responsive company. We take time to listen to our clients’ needs and take care in designing training packages that are most appropriate to meeting those needs.
What we do
We are an approved Mountain Training provider enabling us to deliver their industry standard awards. These are:
- Summer mountain leader (ML), for those wishing to lead groups in the mountainous areas of the UK
- Single Pitch Award (SPA), for people wanting to teaching both indoor and outdoor climbing
- Climbing Wall Award (CWA) for anyone needing to teach climbing indoors
- Climbing Wall Leading Award (CWLA) for those wanting to teach lead climbing indoors
- We are industry leaders in the delivery of bespoke climbing wall training packages, operational procedures, risk assessments and technical advice.